Wednesday 30 October 2013

Welcome: Project Management

Welcome to my blog!  As I embark on my final year of my masters’ degree in Instructional Design and Technology, I invite you to journey with me through this Project Management course.  So far, in week one, I have discovered that project management (PM) is very similar to instructional design (ID).  I have also discovered that one person may be expected to wear the hat of both the ID and the PM when working on a design/project. 

These courses so far have all been relevant to my work as a pre-k teacher in a school and it has been exciting to apply what I have learned to my educational setting.  I plan to work in this setting after receiving my degree and am interested to find out how a project manager best practices in this setting.  Lockit (2000) tells us 'projects undertaken in education and training environments differ from those undertaken in business and industry, partly because of the amount of dedicated project time available' (p.8).  

Reference:
Lockitt, B. (2000). Practical project management for education and training. London: Further Education Development Agency. (ED445252)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Layla...thanks for the "follow", which I have done in return. It's so good to have you in another class! It's been a while. So, what's cookin'? Besides your upcoming Graduation...(with a Big G:-) I remember a post you did about a recipe site and I was thinking you were probably a great cook. I dabble a little, and am always looking for new recipes to try. Guess we'll be trying on some new recipes for successful Project Management this session. Your post here was very Pro...I must say, I forgot about citations for this assignment. So excited to get started. Good Luck in All Your Endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sky! I remember our discussion thread about that cooking site! It's been mostly work and little play since this degree began, less and less time in the kitchen but it'll all be worth it in the end, right!? Awesome job on that video post...inspired me to try one. Feedback and interaction with peers definitely motivates you to push yourself. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I too am completing my Masters degree in Instructional Design and Technology. Good luck in the class as we learn together!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete